Saturday, July 26, 2014

Being a " Yes" mom

I used to be fun I think. Now, to make this Parrott ship run, I've noticed myself becoming more structured and less carefree as the years go on. It's not necessarily a bad thing. Organization, structure and discipline are all good things that should be encouraged. There are 7 of us and if we didn't have the above mentioned, I'd be flat out crazy. :) Lately, I've been doing my best to say, "yes" when my kids get a random whim, within reason. It has paid multiple dividends and has been fun for all of us. So here are a few things we have done in our " yes" category:
Painted marshmallows with food coloring and milk
Ronnie tried to get Jack's tooth out with string and a golf swing. It didn't work.


Indoor camping


Staying up past bedtime 

Playing in the rain

Throwing things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment