Monday, September 8, 2014

Momagenda

  People often ask me how I stay organized with 5 kids. To which I'd say I am semi-organized.  Really it comes down to discipline. You can have all the resources and tools, but unless you determine to use them, who really cares? You'll often see me shoving, er ushering, my kids through the doors on Sunday. Anna Kate has the most spastic hair, so it will often be a hot mess. There may be some mac n cheese stuck to a shoe and Smith will most definitely have some spit up somewhere. I have long since let the perfectionism go. Probably left it around kid #3. However, I do have somethings that may be helpful to pass along. We have 5 kids ages 7 months to 7 years, so we are bound to have stuff. The key to keeping me sane, is that all of their stuff must have a spot and that spot must not me in the living room, kitchen, or dining area. I purge stuff a few times a year. The saying, "Less is more", rings very true in our family. Structure your day. Whether its TV time, play time, school time, or rest time, structure your day. At times I have rebelled against structure, mainly because of pride and the mentality that I can do it all on my own. Nah, the brain is overloaded. Everyone functions better with structure. It provides security and safety. Not rigidity, just structure.
 A couple of things I've recently been using that I really like:
First is my new planner
It has a space for each family member,
dinner plans, notes, folders, etc.
Plus I LOVE leopard!

I needed a new way to pray in an strategic manner.
I bought the ring, notecards, and tabs all for about $5.
I've done journals, notebooks, and binders before.
This time I wanted something I can easily take with me on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment