Monday, October 11, 2010

She works hard for the money....

  So, I have been thinking lately that life is hard work. A Wife and Mom would make an average salary of around $250,000 if she was paid for all the jobs she does. Being a mom is hard work, being a wife is hard work, being a Christian is hard work. BUT, is hard work such a bad thing?? Is this life just supposed to be a cake walk? uh...no. I realize I complain too much about the everyday menial tasks. 
    Yes, I am tired of changing my shirt for the fourth time this morning because big buddy Hud overeats and then continues to puke it up until his next feeding when it starts all over again. Yes, I am tired of telling Anna Kate "no" for the 87th time as she tries to take off her diaper and poop on the kitchen floor. Yes, I am tired when the riddler Jack asks me the same question over and over. Yes, I am tired of putting Ronnie's shoes away and putting his 5th glass in the dishwasher.
    But, I am not tired of seeing my almost 6 month old flash those baby blues my way and chuckle and smile. I am not tired of hearing Anna Kate say, "I wuv oooh". I am not tired of seeing Jack play with his cars and give them names and give them jobs. I am not tired of him asking me about heaven and who goes there? I am not tired of kissing Ronnie and watching him wrestle with our kids. And I am definitely not tired of the Lord. He is constantly there to encourage and support. He is our Abba Father and our comfort and REST. This life can be hard and crazy, but that makes heaven all the more desired. For that is where we will be with Christ, as his bride. We will find ultimate rest then.  I am still going to whine and complain. I've already done it today.... However, I can set out to look on the positive and realize my complaining influence those 3 little pirates I call my kids. I have got so much to teach them about God and life and I do not need to tire out now, we are just getting started. I am Blessed!






  

3 comments:

  1. How blessed we are to have you, Marci, as our daughter, and how the Lord's wisdom continues to shine through you! We love you very much..and love the pic of you and Ronnie with Hudson! Our little butterball is growing fast! Can't wait to see him and everybody else soon! Love Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post. Exactly what I have been thinking about in the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true Marci!! Glad to hear you all are doing great!! Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete