Sunday, May 18, 2014

The musings of Silas

Silas, aka the wild bull, is our fourth child. He came out with finesse and hasn't failed to disappoint.  He loves planes and trains, cars and balls, and pretty much does the exact opposite of what he's told the first time ;). He is hilarious. He marches to the beat of his own drum. I'm going to want this crazy 2 year old stage back, I know I am, but today he's giving me a run for my money. I'm told he's "normal", but I have my doubts. Ha. Today he decided to color on the van seats and I asked him,
"why?" He just said, "because" and shoved 2 cheese puffs in his mouth and walked away. I hear the song, "I'm the man" by Aloe Blacc in the background.
He has been spitting lately, so I thought I would wash his mouth out with foaming soap the next time he did it because the other disciplines were not working. I grab the soap, pump it in, wait for a cry and an "I'm sorry". Instead, I got a little ruddy faced boy who swallowed the soap and gave me the biggest grin :). He colored on a table with permanent marker, stopped up the toilet, and ate a red popsicle all in about 45 sec. He has very little fear, he is rough and tough, and bold. He gives the best hugs and loves to snuggle. He always says "I can't", with a little smirk and then proceeds to perform the task. He is one of a kind. Silas is named after the missionary in the Bible who traveled with Paul. He was bold, courageous, and had authentic faith. We pray daily that these attributes would characterize him as they did his namesake.  We can't wait to see what God is going to do with our crazy Si!


No comments:

Post a Comment